Press ENTER to search or ESC to close

SJP Law Solicitors in Hull and East Yorkshire

Call us on 01482 324591
Request a Call Back

If a member of your family has suffered a major trauma or serious injury which has affected their ability to access accounts or handle financial affairs, then it may be necessary to provide professional support in the short term and appoint a Deputy in the long term.

Deputyships are applied for through the Court of Protection and usually given to a close family member or friend or to a professional who becomes responsible for the vulnerable person’s decisions regarding their financial matters.

Sometimes families can run into real financial issues when one member of the family controls all the finances in a single name and they become injured. In this case it can require the intervention of one of our solicitors to help family members to enable the access they need to pay household bills.

Request a Call

Complete legal support for the role of a Deputy

We provide advice and support for appointed Deputies, or can provide a professional service, including:

  • Complex tax returns
  • Paying for care
  • Accessing state benefits
  • Applying for a Statutory Will
  • Healthcare decisions
  • Accommodation decisions
  • Submitting your annual report to the office of the Public Guardian

The team to trust when you need help and support

With extensive experience of creating Powers of Attorney and Deputyships, we have acted on behalf of people suffering from a full range of serious injuries. Our service is designed to help their families organise their finances, both in the short and long term.

We pride ourselves on being trusted, independent, successful and helpful in all cases with our clients, supporting you at every step of the way.

Neil Holland

We look forward to hearing from you

Please contact Neil Holland on 01482 316742

Proud to be members of

Trusted. Independent. Successful. Helpful. Solicitors.
Back to top