Complete legal support for market gardeners and horticulture
We help market garden and horticulture businesses to develop and grow, providing legal support across a variety of issues:
- Acquisition of land
- Sale and transfer of usage rights and ownership
- Stamp Duty Land Tax (SDLT)
- Inheritance Tax (IHT)
- Capital Gains Tax (CGT)
- Mortgaging land
- Movement of plants in and out of the EU
- Importing new plant species and crop growing technologies
- Set up of R&D centres and use of test plots of new crops
- Commercial crop production
- Plant variety rights (PVR)
- GM crops
- Agricultural safety and product liability
- Contracts with wholesalers and supermarkets
- Sale of land for development
- Energy contracts and renewable power sources
We have used SJP Law for over 20 years now and Mark Daubney is our first point of contact when we need advice to provide reassurance for our business decisions.
Mark has helped us with our Employment contracts, terms and conditions of sale, insurance policy advice, GDPR and when it was proposed to remove the exemption from business rates for plant nurseries.
Mark is very easy to talk to and provides straightforward advice which is easy to follow and we would recommend him to friends and other business owners.