Complete legal support for renewable energy projects
We help landowners to forge beneficial partnerships with energy companies looking to build wind farms, solar panel arrays or biomass projects on their land. We ensure that projects deliver real value, by making sure the legal agreements are right from the start.
- Setting up a new business
- Heads of terms
- Ownership and permissions
- Change of use
- Transferring rights
- Contracts and agreements
- Environmental issues e.g. irrigation
- Lease agreements
- Succession planning
Areas of interest
Claire has experience in working with farmers across a range of agricultural issues and diversification, particularly into renewable energy projects as well as wills and succession planning.
Claire also works with local builders helping with residential development projects and spends time negotiating conditional contracts with landowners and planning agreements with local authorities on behalf of family businesses. Claire has also helped families to maximise the value of their land assets on disposals to national housebuilders for residential development.
- Worked with a client and their planning consultants to negotiate and complete a section 106 planning agreement to a tight deadline to help secure planning consent for a significant new project in the leisure and tourism sector
- Successfully resolved a planning dispute with a local authority to avoid protracted and expensive litigation allowing the family business client to satisfactorily build out the development and sell on the constructed units
- Assisted a number of farming families over the recent past to review options and then implement their succession plans. This has involved considering proposals such as a sale of the farm in its entirety; maintaining a business structure involving numerous family members; or dividing up the farmland and farming operations for the next generation to have full and independent control of their destiny rather than siblings or cousins holding joint assets for the longer term.