Alistair is a Solicitor in the Commercial Division specialising in advising owner-managed businesses. He began his employment at sjplaw in 1994 as a Trainee Solicitor and qualified in 1996. He became a Partner of the firm in 2001. He has twenty four years of legal experience.
He finds practical solutions that deliver tangible benefits for clients. Acutely aware of the time constraints business owners face, speed of response and ease of communication are integral parts of the service he provides. Clients often comment on his drive to get deals done; his traditional values; and his openness on fees.
- The Law Society
- CEDR Accredited Commercial Mediator
- British Holiday & Home Parks Association - corporate associate member
Areas of interest
Alistair has experience in all business matters which a family or owner managed business may face including company law, partnership, employment, contract drafting, asset and share transactions, succession planning, restructuring, insolvency, business rescue, intellectual property and MBOs.
- Advising a family-owned holiday park on succession planning and the strategic direction of the business.
- Guiding a ports and logistics group through various share restructures, share options, employee incentive schemes and multi-million pound refinance.
- Advising on the merger, retirement of partner and restructuring of local GP practices, to maximise value for the continuing partners.
I would be happy to recommend SJP Law to other park owners and now feel much more confident that our administrative documents are all up to date and reflect the current laws and market place. It was a simple, straight forward process and represented good value for money. We now have peace of mind for the future.