At SJP Law, we offer a full range of tailored legal services designed to help you manage your practice as a business, freeing up your time and resources, so that you can keep your focus firmly on caring for your patients.
We understand that running a GP practice comes with its own unique challenges, from patient care and day to day management, to the host of industry-specific legal, commercial and employment issues that come with it.
Working hard to understand you and your practice, we will act as your legal partner, helping you to make the right decisions, and protecting you from unnecessary disruption, conflict and risk.
From implementing systems and strategies to strengthen your practice, to managing change and supporting you during difficult times, our team of experienced professionals are here to support you at every step of the way.
With decades of combined experience working with GP practices across the region and beyond, you can work with our firm in the confidence that we have the knowledge and experience required to effectively support your practice.
Whether you are looking for one off assistance, or on-going support, you can choose from a full range of high quality legal services and advice, including help with:
- The drafting and management of partnership agreements
- Employment contracts, policies, issues and disputes
- Recruitment, redundancy and dismissals
- Property ownership, acquisition and structuring
- Corporate ownership, structuring and diversification
- Proactive, tailored advice on upcoming legislation that could affect your practice
With fixed fee packages to suit every requirement, SJP Law will provide you with dependable, cost-effective legal advice and support you whenever you require it.
With expert, cost-effective legal support from SJP Law, you will get a completely bespoke service that is built around the requirements of you and your practice.
You will benefit from:
- Effective, up to date processes, contracts and procedures
- Reduced risk of employment issues and disputes
- Increased control over your workforce
- Improved productivity and workplace harmony
- Decreased admin and HR responsibilities
- Professional, dependable support during times of conflict or dispute
- Experienced teams with a strong track record supporting GPs
- Predictable legal costs
All this means that you will have more time to concentrate on the most important part of running your practice - looking after your patients.